Monday, February 05, 2007

Kenmore ovens use shatterglass!

And, why do I know this, you ask? Well, under the most understandable circumstances, AJS accidentally dropped his freshly made, lovingly toasted, eagerly anticipated sandwich face down on the floor, which in turn caused him to grab the closest large object and throw it. This was of course after making sure no small humans were in range, I'm sure. In the sandwich's case, it was a metal stepstool which connected squarely and at close range with our stove door. Crash! Smash! Neatly cubed glass. (Well, with pointy shards, too.)

The replacement costs $214.97 directly from Sears; I found it elsewhere online for $147.62. We won't be using the oven until this weekend, at best. :-(

2 comments:

  1. Playing it over in my mind, it was like that scene from Pulp Fiction where Bruce Willis has escaped from the Gimp and is about to leave Zed's store when he pauses. Does he go back and help Marcellus, the man who wants him dead, or does he leave? So he looks around and sees a hammer, tries it out, puts it down. Then, he tries a baseball bat, then a chainsaw. Finally, he sees... a samurai sword.

    With me, I saw a coffee mug (that'll shatter), then a bottle of ibuprofin (too light), then... a stepstool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your entertaining insight into the event, darling. I'm counting my blessings that we don't have a samurai sword.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you've spent reading my post and would love to read your comments!

 
Who links to me?

blogger templates | Make Money Online