Friday, September 14, 2007

Rosie's Pre-K Class

Early this summer, I was walking around Rosie's Pre-K room, looking at all the art/craft projects on the walls, photos posted and little questionnaires with each kid's cute non-sequitor answers and I did not see Rosie's name on anything.

I asked her teacher, what's the deal? Is she even in this class?

Her answer made me angry. She told me that since they were a few months away from graduation for most of the kids, she was focusing on the older children who were moving on to Kindergarten. Since she had another year with Rosie, they weren't pressuring her to participate. This really pissed me off! I'm not paying any less than the other parents? Why should my child get less attention?

When I asked Rosie why she wasn't participating, she told me that she didn't feel like it. I tried to reinforce with her that that wasn't an option. She needed to join in on the group projects, draw, paint, and practice writing with the other children. I think she got it for a while.

Now, all the older children have moved on to public school a few weeks ago. Rosie is the oldest child in her class and should be getting the attention that she lacked before, right? This morning, I looked around her class, full of all the new children's artwork, questionnaires, and photos. Rosie is in the photos. However, she still doesn't have any projects up with her name on them or answers posted attributed to her.

I can imagine the teacher telling me this time that they are focusing on the younger children now because they need more training. And that Rosie is way ahead of them so they're not pressuring her to participate. I really need to find out what's going on, because I'm getting angrier and think that I will yell at the teacher if I start this conversation with her.

Today, I walked around the class and pointedly asked the teacher where Rosie's art was? Where are Rosie's projects? She only told me that they were around somewhere. Grrrrrrr.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's really frustrating. Maybe you could approach it like, "Where's the stuff that I can pass off to the grandparents as birthday and Christmas presents?"

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you've spent reading my post and would love to read your comments!

 
Who links to me?

blogger templates | Make Money Online