Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2007 Recap Meme

My dear blogging friends Dee at on the curb and Sher at wrekehavoc both did this meme, so I jumped on the wagon. 2007's dead, long live 2008! I mean, happy new year!


1. Where did you begin 2007?
We spent last new year's eve at Kelly & Todd's, but really didn't stay into Jan 1 officially; we usually pretend that it's midnight at 7 p.m. New year's day last year was a Monday and I don't have anything noted on my electronic calendar that day.

2. Did you have to go to the hospital? Nope, don't recall entering a hospital for any reason, thank goodness!

3. Did you have any encounters with the police? Nope.

4. Where did you go on vacation? We spent a week at the beach in Rehoboth, DE in around Labor Day.

5. What did you purchase that was over $500? We bought the outdoor swingset that, with shipping, just crossed the $500 line. Also, my new specs cost about that much, because since my prescription is so bad, I order all sorts of high-index, anti-glare customizations to the lenses. Unfortunately, we had to replace the pump for our AC unit, and that took a sizeable bite in our budget, too.

6. Did you know anybody who got married? I noticed that our neighbor across the street had an outdoor wedding, does that count?

7. What sporting events did you attend? Um, none. Really.

8. What concerts/shows did you go to? Only Tori Amos, thanks to dear Wreke, who got free tix on a radio show!

9. Where do you live now? DC Metro Area, Alexandria, VA, specifically. We're in our fourth year at our current house.

10. Describe your birthday: The Majestic! We got two sitters to watch all our kids, then went out to dinner with Kelly, Todd, Heather and Amy. The atmosphere was fun, the company was fabulous, and I really enjoyed myself with all the wine and great food. Yum. Warm fuzzy.

11. What’s the one thing you thought you would never do, but did in 2007? Well, after 11 of 13 people on my team were right-sized in February, who knew I could run an Air Force outreach program at the Pentagon for Congressional audiences practically by myself (there was one other full-time person who had her own tasks). Did I mention that I have a fine arts degree?

12. What’s something you learned about yourself? I can, in fact, take on two volunteer commitments as well as work full-time, while still having happy kids (in daycare) and keeping up with friends and housework! What, AJS, you disagree?

13. Any new additions to your family? Nope.

14. What was your best month? I recall June as pretty good, mostly because of the great outdoor parties for Dash's and Jool's respective birthdays! (ooo, I almost forgot about the whole Helio debacle, but let's imagine that didn't happen.)

15. What music will you remember 2007 by? Partly the tunes I made up to go with nursery rhymes that I sing to Dash at bedtime and party the Grey's Anatomy Season 2 soundtrack CD that gets almost constant play when kids are in my car: play "Miss Halfway" again, mommy!! No!, play "Hello Baby!" PLEEEEEAZZE?!?

16. Made new friends? Yes! In addition to some new friends in the blogosphere (Venessa, Dee), I befriended a couple who I met through our daughters' ballet class. I think it was the Ramones t-shirt Gina wore at Ava's drop-off one day that made me want to know her.

17. Favorite night out? At the moment, I'd have to refer you to #10. Our 10th anniversary dinner was a close second!

18. Any regrets? I regret that my job at the Pentagon was eliminated due to contract funding. My commute is suffering these days. Also, we should have hired babysitters more often for more couples time together.

19. What do you want to change in 2008? I'd like to get a better commute situation, maybe working from home a couple of days a week. Rosie starts Kindergarten this September, and I'd like to be around for her, even if I have to be working.

20. Overall, how would you rate this year? 6. Our friends and family pushed it slightly above average.

21. Other than home, where did you spend most of your time? My office.

22. Change your hairstyle? I guess I did change it this year, but only by neglect. It's the longest that it's been since 1997, when I grew it out for my wedding up-do.

23. Buy a new car? Nope. I've got a little while before I pay off the current one.

24. Any car accidents? Nope.

25. How old did you turn this year? 37

26. Do you have a New Year’s resolution? I'd like to set a goal to lose 10 pounds before the dance recital in June. Also, I resolve to avoid high-fructose corn syrup and MSG as much as is possible.

27. Do anything embarrassing? How about the pants tear from a week ago?

28. Be honest - did you watch American Idol? Once or twice. I really prefer the fictional, scripted shows much more than reality ones.

29. Start a new hobby? I did pick up an old one: jewelry making! See the link to my Etsy shop at the right...

30. Will you be happy to see 2007 go? Not happy necessarily, but certainly not sad.

31. Been naughty or nice? Nice. Yeah, that's me, Ms. Nice.

1 comment:

  1. Great Meme Nylon!! Happy New Year! Thanks for stopping by my site!! :) I knew I knew you from somewhere...On the Curb, Wreke, KellyO and Derfwad!! You've got the great name & pic. *jealousy oozing* ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you've spent reading my post and would love to read your comments!

 
Who links to me?

blogger templates | Make Money Online