Thursday, October 30, 2008

I got my in-person, absentee vote on


VoteD
Originally uploaded by nylonthread
Yesterday I jogged to the absentee polling site to vote. Make yours count! If you can go early, go!

I only waited for 25 minutes, but I heard that there was a three-hour wait the day before. Many of the folks in the line with me were retired and several had walkers/helpers. This election is getting people motivated!

For more intelligent thoughts on the vote and political issues, try (and I'm just going through my links on hand here):
Hey, Ho, KellyGO!
The Journey
Margaret and Helen
Up From Sloth

(and yes, I have no make-up on, except a bit of lipstick. the close-up is not flattering.)

4 comments:

  1. FWIW, I added you to my blogroll. -HR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I can't wait to vote on Tuesday. I hope it's a champagne day, not a "crawl into a bottle of bourbon and cry myself to sleep" day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so almost done with this!! YAY YOU for VOTING!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh please, PLEASE, let it be a champagne day. I am feeling cautiously optimistic: CNN shows Virginia (VIRGINIA?!?) as light blue.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you've spent reading my post and would love to read your comments!

 
Who links to me?

blogger templates | Make Money Online