Sunday, January 18, 2009

Painted my pet

Hey friends! The Os, the Ns, & the Js all came by for pet-portrait painting fun. Three of us painted our dogs, a cat, and a bird respectively. It was crazy fun to be painting with friends and as usual, Monkeyrotica cooked some excellent fare: steak-tartare-stuffed mushrooms, home-baked bread, fresh cheese pizza, roasted bone marrow, and duck cassoulet with champagne cocktails. Mmmmm. Here is my painting (background details in the style of Klimt) of Weegee the Senegal parrot—it probably needs more work, but that'll have to wait for another time. Kelly O painted her dogs a la Van Gogh with a little Wyeth and Wood thrown in for references. Don and I went for more of a cheesy exaggerated style, all of it with the rules of cuteness in mind via Cute Overload. (cheers to Kelly, I just cribbed most of that from her entry. heh.) D@mn, that was fun!

2 comments:

  1. You should really go into the cartoon and doll making business! That is an adorable presentation of Wee Gee. But then I am prejudiced because I am your mother.

    You could illustrate children's books.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you've spent reading my post and would love to read your comments!

 
Who links to me?

blogger templates | Make Money Online